Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Military Family Appreciation



I am creating a set of yellow ribbon charm pins and selling them in my Etsy site. I was a military wife; I'm still married, he's retired, now. Thing is, he was in the Army Guard. The support that is part of the active Army and military is not as much a part of the Guard. We all live spread out in the community, not on post. Most of us don't know one another. It is hard to find someone to ask for help. I remember what it's like to take care of the house and the family and the home fires while he was away.



I am donating 50% of the price of these pins to provide funds for spouses to hire lawn work or driveway shovelling or a handyman or babysitting, or whatever need is at hand. Please remember your local service members, wherever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment